The Rogers Group of Companies (Rogers) Commitment to Privacy
The Shopping Channel is a proud member of the Rogers Group of Companies. The Rogers Group of Companies have one single policy regarding the privacy of your information.
1. This policy applies to Rogers Communications, Rogers Cable, Rogers Wireless and Rogers Media which are referred to here collectively as Rogers. At Rogers, the security and integrity of our customers' personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our customers while providing the high level communication services they expect.
2. Rogers' privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. We are compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and where applicable with the privacy rules established by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).
3. Rogers has in place privacy and security practices to safeguard our customers' personal information. These practices are reviewed, and if necessary revised, on a regular basis. Additionally, Rogers' employees receive privacy training and must comply with Rogers' privacy practices as a condition of employment.
4. Personal information collected by Rogers is information about an identifiable individual that may include such information as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, financial information, birth date and any recorded complaints.
5. At Rogers, we collect customer information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide a positive customer experience, and deliver, bill for, and collect payment for products and services;
- To understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by Rogers and its agents, dealers and related companies;
- To manage and develop Rogers business and operations;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- To obtain credit information or provide it to others.
6. Rogers does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Rogers retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
7. Rogers informs customers of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information upon request and gives them access to their information.
8. Rogers ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Customers can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.
9. Rogers companies share information with other Rogers companies or their agents and authorized dealers, in order to offer customers products and services that they may find attractive. Notices on sharing information are contained in each company's application forms, invoices and web sites. If customers do not want to be marketed with these products and services, they can contact Rogers (see How To Contact Rogers below).
11. A senior company officer has been appointed as the Privacy Officer at Rogers. The Privacy Officer is accountable for all personal information at Rogers. You may contact the Privacy Officer at:
By Mail: Chief Privacy Officer
Rogers Group of Companies
33 Bloor Street East
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Customers that wish to:
- obtain more information about Rogers Commitment to Privacy;
- access, or obtain more information about, their personal information held by Rogers; or
- make a privacy-related complaint;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
may contact a Rogers customer service representative who, if necessary, will refer the customer to the Rogers Privacy Officer.
13. The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees Rogers' personal information handling practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by Rogers you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance:
How to Contact Rogers
Customers of Rogers Cable and Rogers Wireless
Customers can have their account marked "Do Not Contact" by visiting Rogers On-line Self Service at www.rogers.com and selecting "Manage My Marketing Permissions" under "Your On-line Profile" or click here to opt-out. Alternatively, you can contact a Rogers' customer service representative at 1-888-899-1188.
Subscribers to Rogers Media consumer magazines
Notices about "Subscriber Services" that appear in each consumer magazine explain how to change your "Mail Preference" for receiving mailings from other organizations. To have your mailing address excluded from mailings by other organizations, provide your subscriber information in one of the following ways:
By E-mail: email@example.com
By Mail: Privacy Request
Magazine Subscriber Services
By Phone: (905) 946-0084
By Fax: (905) 946-1679
Registered users of Rogers Media web sites and e-mail newsletters
You can update your "Marketing Permissions" by establishing a user profile. From the web site, click on "Register" to establish a profile or on "Login" to update your permissions.